BENEFITS AT MERCK
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
Merck has one of the best benefits packages in the country, offering various degrees of financial rewards and protection through a pay-for–performance compensation system and a comprehensive and competitive benefits program.
The following is a quick summary of what you can expect:
Compensation at Merck is comprised of various programs, designed to recognize and reward different aspects of your performance.
- Competitive Base Salary
- Annual Merit Increase Opportunity
- Annual Bonus Opportunity
- Long-term Incentives (eligibility criteria may apply)
Health & Wellness
We recognize the importance of our benefits offerings to our employees and their families and we are proud to offer a competitive and comprehensive package that includes coverage options in the following areas:
- Medical, Vision, Dental
- Healthcare Reimbursement Account for Employees and Dependents
Our benefits are designed to make life healthier, happier and more convenient because we recognize the importance of work-life balance. At Merck, we support our employees in getting the most out of their lives, both personal and professional.
- Flexible Work Arrangements – With manager approval, option for flexible work schedules and arrangements to help you balance life's responsibilities.
- Education and Scholarship Assistance Program – For eligible employees, financial assistance toward the cost of tuition, registration, books and other fees.
- Employee Assistance Program – Provides help in both official languages, by offering information, resources and support regarding your personal and your family's well-being.
- Cafeteria – Available to all Montreal–based employees, offering a full-service and health menu throughout the day.
- Child Care Centers – Conveniently available accredited and bilingual Child Care Centre and summer day camp near our Montreal office.
- Employee and Matching Gift Programs – Support selected non-profit, charitable and educational community-based programs and services - some available through payroll deduction.
- Site–based Amenities – Minimizes the need to run errands (dry cleaning, automatic banking machine, car care, and more).
At Merck, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including plans and resources designed to help you achieve short– and long-term financial goals.
- Group RRSP – Provides for savings through payroll deduction.
- Competitive Retirement Plan – For eligible employees, automatic enrollment in a defined benefit retirement plan. Optional long-term savings programs are also available.
- Group Stock Purchase Plan – For eligible employees
- Insurance – Various insurance coverage plans, including short and long-term disability, employee and dependent life, accidental death & dismemberment.